A hands-on class to learn Chinese vegan dumplings with Chinese chives and mushrooms. We will make fillings and wrappers from scratch, experience different ways to wrap and cook dumplings, and taste the dumplings by end of class. Taught by Elaine Sher, the founder of Dash of Soy, whose passion is to share her love for healthy and delicious home-style cooking inspired by her family from Hong Kong and all her travels from around the world.
Here's the detailed itinerary:
- After introductions and safety reminders, we put on our aprons, wash our hands and start with the dough to make the wrappers.
- While the dough is setting, we will prepare the fillings from scratch which will involve some chopping.
- Once the dough is ready, we can roll them into little discs for wrapping.
- Learn at least 3 different ways to wrap dumplings.
- While the dumplings are being cooked, we will clean up and set the table for tasting the dumplings.
- Enjoy fresh off the stove dumplings while we sip Chinese tea and have conversations around the locally-built farmhouse table.