I will be assisted by family member, Kak Kelly, who is from the Bidayuh tribe, and has been cooking home-cooked food for over 30 years. Together, we'll be cooking authentic indigenous food surrounded by natural greenery. An awesome experience you'll never forget! All ingredients are sourced 1 day before the experience to ensure freshness, hence, the 2 day notice required
1) Introduction to the 2 indigenous food we will be making:
Lemang Periuk Kera - Rice with coconut milk steamed in a wild pitcher plant
Pansoh Manok - Chicken with herbs cooked in a bamboo over a fire
2) Harvest wild pitcher plants in the jungle and herbs in the backyard.
3) Prepare and cook the Lemang Periuk Kera.
4) Prepare and cook the Pansoh Manok over a fire stove!
5) Cut banana leaves that will be used as plates.
6) Eat Lunch surrounded by nature! Side dishes, dessert and Traditional Rice Wine, Tuak, will be served to accompany lunch.
What makes this experience unique and popular? You'll be using all your 5 senses:
HEAR only sounds of nature
SEE beautiful natural surroundings
SMELL the unique ingredients
TOUCH everything you prepare by hand
TASTE the truly unique dish at the end!